This notice describes how 777 Hotels Ltd t/a The Merchant’s House Hotel (referred to as “The Merchant’s House Hotel”) processes your personal data as a controller. Our address is The Merchant’s House Hotel, 29-33 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2AP
You have the right to object to some of the processing which The Merchant’s House Hotel carries out.
This notice applies to:
- Other Customers.
And anyone contacting, visiting or using our:
- Reservation Centre.
- Guest Relations Team.
- Hotels and other premises.
Summary of the purposes for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so:
- We process personal data to make, amend and administer room bookings,
provide hotel services, process and store payment details and provide other
products and services (such as meals and car parking). We also deal with
enquires, gather customer feedback, undertake market research and direct
marketing (including analysis to create profiles), in our legitimate interests to
promote our business and improve our service and delivery.
- When booking with us, we don’t ask for accessibility, dietary, health or other
sensitive personal data. If you (or someone on your behalf) do provide such
information to us, please be aware we may need to ask for your explicit
consent. In some cases, it may be permissible for us to have such data as it is
in your vital interests that we do so.
- When you post on social media about our business, we may use your contact
details to respond to any complaints or comments, on the legal basis of our
- In our legitimate interests, we also seek to prevent and detect crime as well as
protect our business and premises.
- In order to fulfil the above purposes:
– We disclose your personal data to payment providers, technology
providers, insurers, and other specialist professional and technical
service providers and advisers, to manage your bookings, arrange
payments, and provide services.
– We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic
Area (the EU Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway)
and, where we do this, we will use safeguards to protect your data.
– We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide
services, where required by law, to respond to a question or complaint, to
obey rules about keeping records, to uphold or protect contractual or legal
rights or where it is in your or another party’s vital interests or our legitimate
interests. Where we process personal data on the basis of your consent, we
will retain it for as long as required for the specified purpose. We also keep
your data in line with any statutory limitation periods and for tax, legal or
- Any consent(s) you give us may be withdrawn at any time.
- You have an absolute right to object to direct marketing (and any profiling for the purposes of direct marketing) at any time.
- You also have the qualified right to:
– Request access, rectify, and erase your personal data object to processing for any purpose where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal basis.
– Restrict processing.
– Supply or transfer your personal data in a portable format.
– Where you exercise any of your rights, we will process your personal data to comply with your request in accordance with our legal obligations.
– Where we use automated decision-making, you have the right to human intervention, to add a statement, and to have the decision reviewed.
– You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of the EU Member State in which you are resident, work or in which your complaint arises. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner. Details of all EU supervisory authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
– We may provide additional information during the booking and check-in process and at other points at which we collect your personal data.